Custom Search

Monday, September 10, 2007

Where Change Begins

An old mystic said this about himself: "I was a revolutionary when I was young, and my prayer to God was, 'Lord, give me the strength to change the world.' As I approached middle age and realized that my life was halfway gone without changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to, 'Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come into contact with me, especially my family and friends, and I shall be satisfied.' Now that I am an old man, and my days are numbered, I have begun to see how foolish I have been. Now my one prayer is this, 'Lord, give me the grace to change myself.' If I had prayed that right from the start, I would not have wasted my life."
Through moral stories, the idea is to present the greatness of the humanity.
We can waste years trying to change other people. But we can only really change one person -- ourselves. In the end, that is probably enough.
Moral stories can improve your moral values.
--Steve Goodier

No comments:

Post a Comment