Custom Search

Thursday, January 24, 2008

More on Affirmations

Affirmations are positive statements stated in the present tense--I am happy (rather that I want to be happy or I will be happy). Some believe that repeating the affirmation many, many times will plant it into your unconscious and magnetize it to you. I believe it is first necessary to address the "Yeah, buts" that show up. There are many ways to do this.
For example, using the above affirmation: "I am happy." What does the chatter voice say next? If it says, "Yes, that is true" then it is an affirmation that you can own. However, if it says, "Yes, but my back hurts today," or "but I am not happy," or even, "this is stupid--I don't believe this stuff," then it is necessary to release these "Yeah, buts" before you can accept and own the affirmation.
There are many ways to do this. One is to use one of the meridian therapy approaches if you are familiar with that. Another is to do some writing--on a piece of paper write the affirmation and then write down one ofthe "Yeah, but" voices. Write the affirmation, write another "Yeah, but"...continue on [sometimes this may take pages and pages] until there are no more "Yeah but" voices and you own the affirmation. Then you anchor it in so it is yours to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment