Custom Search

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Miracles can happen when have Faith

I once heard that when God closes a door, He opens a window. I have come to believe this because of the many times I have found myself backed into a corner, facing personal disaster, and a "window" has been opened for me.
I first learned of the miracle of "windows" when I complained to someone about a desperate financial situation I was in. He comforted me by telling me that many years earlier he and his wife had huddled in bed one night with their dog and two babies because there wasn't enough money to pay the gas bill. At the moment of their greatest desperation, he said, they inherited some money that had solved their financial problems.
Since that time I have witnessed similar types of "windows" in my own life. Time and time again when all hope seemed lost and I had no options left, something unusual happened that saved the day. Others have told me of being fired and having a better job present itself shortly, receiving gifts of money when bills needed to be paid, and getting unexpected advice that solved a serious problem.
Whenever my back is to the wall and I'm starting to get scared that I'm not going to be okay, I try to quiet myself and remember all the times my Higher Power has reached down and opened a window for me. I find that when I can focus on opening windows, not slamming doors, I can see solutions where none may have seemed present before.
Moral: Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted by nature to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment