Custom Search

Friday, July 13, 2007

Where is my eternal home?

There was a very rich woman, who lived in a beautiful palatial mansion. She lacked nothing; she enjoyed all the comforts that money could buy.
However, she was a selfish soul; she had no thought for others. Her doors were always shut in the face of people who came to ask her for donations and help for good causes. Not a penny of her money would she give away to another.
Years passed. Her long, self-centered life was drawing to a close. Gradually, life after death began to haunt her.
One day, she had a strange dream in which she saw herself die, and mounted up to the heavenly world. It was a strange and fascinating place, and she felt quite lost, not knowing where to go. Meeting an angel, she enquired of him, "Can you please show me the way to my eternal home? I have come up to heaven after a long life. I am weary, and I would like to see the place where I shall live forever!"
"Come with me, I shall show you the way," said the Angel. And he led her through the beautiful territory of the heavenly world. Here she saw vast palaces, exquisite villas, beautiful mansions. But the Angel led her on until they entered a slum like territory. There were broken huts and humble cottages everywhere. The Angel stopped outside a poor, lowly hut, and said to her, "This is to be your eternal home."
The woman recoiled in horror at the sight of the hut. "How is this possible?" she Cried. "On earth God gave me a beautiful mansion to live in! How can my heavenly home be so poor and shabby?"
The Angel said to her, "Your eternal home is built with what you send to us here. This is the best we could do with what you sent to us."
The rich woman awoke from her dream in a cold sweat. She resolved to turn over a new leaf, and to share what she had with those in need.
The money that we give to the poor is deposited in our account in the Bank of Providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment